Cawaco RC&D Council was established in 1979 and received 501(c)(3) nonprofit status in 1994. We were founded to help coordinate the efforts of local businesses, governmental agencies, and citizen volunteers throughout Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, Shelby, and Walker county. Since then, we’ve built lasting and productive relationships that act as a foundation for our collaborations.
But it’s a big job, the stewardship of our natural environment—especially when we’ve grown accustomed to unsustainable patterns of use. Cawaco RC&D Council believes we can achieve a balance between nature’s needs and our human needs, and find solutions that benefit livelihoods and local biodiversity. That’s why we say we’re focused on conserving natural resources while cultivating vibrant communities.
Cawaco provides valuable services to communities in our 5-county region through the support and administration of a variety of initiatives. Working hand-in-hand with our partners, we’re identifying the needs in communities and connecting local leaders to the resources, funding, and educational opportunities they need to improve quality of life for all residents.
Vibrant communities that achieve a balance between economic, human, and natural resource needs.
To carry out plans of action for the accelerated conservation, development, and proper use of the area’s resources, resulting in an improved economic and physical environment.
- Identify unmet community needs.
- Through our network of partners, which includes legislators, county commissions, federal and state agencies, municipalities, foundations and other nonprofits, Cawaco is able to identify key projects that, if implemented, can make a profound difference ina community.
- Identify strategic partners to accomplish goals.
- Cawaco facilitates working groups to identify creative, workable and cost-effective solutions that address complex issues.
- Assist with project development. and/or provide project support.
- Partners may identify a solution, but need assistance to administer or deliver a program. Cawaco is experienced with the administration and management of grants, contracts or coordination of personnel to deliver programs benefitting area communities.
- Cawaco is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors that help identify worthwhile projects and partners in each County.
Location: 2112 11th Ave. South, Suite 541 Birmingham AL 35205
Feel free to call us! 205.623.0457,or email: firstname.lastname@example.org